As if life weren't crazy enough...

8:42 PM

I've been dying-dying!- to tell you all this for a while now:  We are moving!

It all started late one Sunday night about six weeks ago when Sean looked at me and said, "Hey, want to look at some houses?"

Now, we like to play this game where we search for multi-million dollar homes we can never afford and just judge the heck out of them.  I thought we were playing this game so I was all for it.  I was surprised when he showed me a local home that was actually kind of affordable.  


See, I thought he was going to show me something like this. Source.

"So I called Jeff (our real estate agent) and we are going in tomorrow morning."

Oh, are we now?

And just like that, we were house hunting.

I will admit I wasn't as into the search as Sean was.  I really like the house we are in now.  It's pretty close to everything I need right now.  We get deer in our back yard.  I have double ovens.  


Deer!  While we were playing loudly in the back yard!  

But there are certainly things that need to be changed.  Right now we've got enough room but soon things will start to feel tight, especially if we have another kid.  Our back yard needs work that neither of us feel like doing.  The shower in the basement leaks into the next room.  We need to do various updates and small projects throughout the house.  Our garage is tiny. We know when we bought our current house that it probably wouldn't be our forever home. 

So I let Sean do most of the legwork.  I gave him my specifications-- no in-ground pool, no major work or updates unless it was an incredibly cheap price, 4 bedrooms, basement, easy access to the back yard to let the dogs outside, back yard at least as big and private feeling as the one we have now, not too far away from my mom and family, not too cookie-cutter. 

Oh, and we would need to be in the house before the new school year started and Baby 2.0 made his appearance.  So we had about six weeks to find a place or put things off until next summer. Good luck, hubby.  

We went into at least twenty houses.  We drew up paperwork for three.  We had our highest and best offer for one house trampled by a different buyer.  We were debating one house until we found out someone had committed suicide in the library.  After a while, they all started to blend together.  

We saw some awesome things.  Huge living spaces.  Top of the line kitchens.  In-law suites.  Amazing three season rooms that seamlessly blended to the rest of the house.  Lovely yards that backed up to parks and baseball diamonds.  A house on a dead-end streets high on a hill.  


Atticus running to the play structure in the distance.  

We also saw some nutty stuff.  Teal toilets and sinks.  Almost-finished basements modeled to look like an outdoor bar.  Sagging roofs and walls.  In-ground pools with trees growing out of them.  Textured walls quickly and sloppily painted white to cover over who knows what.  Back yards with crosses in the ground (we're assuming they were for pets).  Hideous, outdated carpets, kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms.  

Then, finally, we found something pretty cool.  

I'll be showing more pictures later on, but here's just a sneak peak of one of the kids' bedrooms:


I might just want to sleep here.  

Um, yeah. That's a pullman car.  There are shelves and a reading light in the bed.  Those are lights lining the stars and moon ceiling above the bed.  Adorable.  


And because I can't resist, here's a shot of the kitchen and dining area:


Swoon. All images of the new house sourced from Realtor.com.  Pictures have since been removed from site.

More to come soon, but I need to organize and stop squealing over the details. 

Oh, also random thought: I formatted the pictures to be bigger.  You likey?








You Might Also Like

0 comments