Sequins are always appropriate

9:04 PM


As you can probably tell by the background of this blog,  I love me a sequin, sparkle, shimmer, or any other glittery thing (diamonds, anyone?).  Last week, I wore them with a nice preppy little sweater.

The sweater was another Christmas gift from my mom.  She was on fire this season!

The back of the sweater is the same shade of gray as the tank, so it all came together nicely.  Paired with those dark gray jeans and my dainty initial necklace, the sequin top made me feel preppy with a healthy dose of zing. 

“E” is for Emilia, excellent, exquisite, ebullient, et cetera.  

I’ll be the first to admit that sequins can be borderline tacky if you’re not careful.  As with many things in life, it’s about balance.  For everyday wear, make sure to pair them with something more down-to-earth.  You might also go for something in a neutral color (a la my gray tank) or more on the matte side as opposed to super shiny.  

But if you’re going out for the night and want to stand out, why not do ‘em up big?  Buy a dress covered in sequins if you want.  Just keep the rest of the look somewhat grounded, unless you’re going for an 80s hooker look.  And if that is what you’re looking for, then own it.  Also, send me pics please.  

One last thing: as I was snapping pictures of myself in our bedroom, my husband was putting this little number together:

Hey good-lookin.  

He may not be wearing sequins (not in this pic, anyway), but he's still styling.  I love a man in a vest and tie.

What do you think of sequins-- yes, no, maybe so?  Do you own any, and more importantly, do you actually wear them? And how about that vest and tie combo?  It's probably my all-time favorite look for a guy.  What's your favorite opposite-sex look?

You Might Also Like

0 comments