Behold, the cucumber

6:52 PM

Ah, the cucumber.  I love them, Sean hates them. That's cool, more for me.

You're missing out Sean.

I bought a ton of cukes when I went grocery shopping to make some low-carb meals, and this cucumber salad I'm about to share with you is so easy and delish, you're gonna flip.  Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen.  

You'll need:


  • 2 cucumbers 
  • 1 onion
  • 6 tbs oil (veggie or olive)
  • 6 tbs Apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbs honey mustard
  • 1 tbs sugar

What to do:

Thinly slice the cucumbers and onion.  If you have a mandolin, use that.  If you don't have a mandolin, what is wrong with you?

My favorite kitchen tool.  

I must digress a bit here and tell you that onions make me cry.  Ok, I can hear the collective  "duh" from everyone.  Of course onions make me cry-- they make everyone cry.  But I don't mean tears, I mean sobbing noises, runny nose, and tears running down my face.  I don't know what it is.  Also, in general I hate raw onions, but in this dish they are magnifique.

On to the dressing.  Dump the oil, vinegar, sugar, and honey mustard into a bowl and whisk until incorporated.  Now I must say, I go easy on the sugar and heavy on the mustard and vinegar, but don't be afraid to toy around with the measurements until you find a balance you like.

Looks like eggs, tastes like heaven.

Pour it over the onions and cucumbers and let it marinate-- the longer the better, but at least an hour for starters.

Yaaaas!

That's it you guys.  Simple, refreshing, and healthy.  Sean doesn't know what he's missing.

Try it and let me know what you think!  Also, if you have any other veggie recipes, especially for cucumbers, let me know!  



You Might Also Like

0 comments