I heart Saturdays

10:12 PM


Hey everyone!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  We did!  Saturday we got out of the house for a bit to go to an estate sale and then grabbed some frozen yogurt.  

Did someone say frozen yogurt?

So if you’re under 25 that probably sounded really boring...like roll your eyes, sigh really big, and shove your earbuds deeper into your head boring.  I get it.  But let me tell you, “fun” takes on a whole new meaning when you’re a young family.  Atticus got to toddle around someone else’s house while Sean and I looked for tchotchkes and random things we might need.  Sean and I have always liked estate/yard sales-- in fact, we went to a bunch of yard sales to celebrate our one year marriage anniversary.  Romantic, right?  It really was. 

Anyway, after the estate sale we were in the mood for a treat, so we headed to find something cold.  We can’t be the only ones who like frozen treats in the winter, right?  I don’t know what it is.  Maybe all of the snow on the ground puts ice cream on the brain, who knows?  Raise your hand if winter makes you crave ice cream or frozen yogurt.

We went to one of those places where you build your own frozen yogurt sundae and pay by the ounce, which always means mine costs the most because I don’t know when to stop adding toppings.  Atticus was definitely a fan. 

Oh, I’m not supposed to eat it with my hands and my spoon?

After yogurt, we came home, played around until bed time, and that was it.  That was our day.  It was laid-back but not lazy.  It was marvelous.

I know that in the future-- probably sooner than I’d like to admit-- Atticus won’t be down for a shopping in someone’s house anymore with Mom and Dad.  But for now, I can drag him around almost anywhere and as long as he can move around, he's pretty happy.  Saturday was really an ideal weekend day.  

What do you you do for family outings?  I’d love to hear more ideas for easy, free (or pretty cheap) outings, especially something we can do in the winter.  Throw some ideas my way!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments