Thank Me Later: Eat some veggies

9:27 PM


I love-hate flour.  Really, gluten. I have a self-diagnosed sensitivity to it.  I know how that sounds: hipster-trendy and maybe a hypochondriac, but it’s true.  I feel horrible after I eat it, but everything with flour is so good.  Sandwiches, cookies, cereal?  It’s hard living in a world without donuts.

But in the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, all bets are off.  I eat anything that’s handed to me.  Cookies, bread, graham crackers, whatever.  I’m all about it.  Every time I eat wheat I know I’m going to feel horrible, but I don’t care.  It’s compulsive.

So now that the holidays are over and no one is sending me cookies or convincing me that pizza for dinner for the third night this week is a good idea, I’m eating veggies.  So many veggies.  And I love ‘em.

Just look at that beautiful salad!  Kale, red lettuce, carrots, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and anchovies.  Yup, anchovies.  I'm getting hungry all over again.

That bowl is as deep as a fork.  And yes, I ate the whole thing in one sitting.


To be honest, I just love food in general.  No shame.  But for now, I’m focusing on the plants.

And you should too.  Try if for a weekend.  They’re healthy (duh) but also filling and cheap.  Seriously!  I can get away with buying around $20 worth of produce last at least a week.  I’ll have to do a grocery list in an upcoming post.  

Save your stomach, save your money, and go eat a ton of vegetables between now and next week.  Chop ‘em up, throw them in a skillet, and use them instead of noodles.  Eat them raw.  Get a mandolin or grater and make a huge colorful salad. Toss them in some olive oil, throw them a baking dish and bake them up (oooh, maybe with some capers on top!).  After a day or two you’ll feel so dang good you’ll want to run a marathon.  Or maybe just do an extra load of laundry, but hey, it’s a start.

Nom nom nom.


You can thank me later. 

Share your favorite veggie recipes in the comments!

You Might Also Like

2 comments