Baked omelet peppers

8:36 AM

Baked Perfection.

There’s probably a more creative name for this meal, but I can’t think of one (can you?), and besides, as I write this description my stomach has started growling. An omelet baked into a pepper is one of my favorite Paleo breakfasts, and it’s heavenly.

Like most foods I make, this is easy to whip up and there are several ways to customize it to your liking, but if you want to be like me and eat what I’m eating for breakfast this week, you’ll need:



4 large orange sweet pepper
2 cups of spinach
6 white mushrooms
6 eggs
muffin tin (helpful but optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Scramble the eggs in a large bowl; set aside. Cut off the tops of the pepper and scoop out seeds. Place peppers in the muffin to to steady. Add spinach and sliced mushrooms into each pepper, being careful to leave room for the eggs. Pour in eggs mixture slowly to allow the eggs to reach the bottom of the pepper (too fast and you'll overflow your pepper). Fill peppers approximately 3/4 to the top. Bake 30 minutes. Enjoy!

The muffin tin is really helpful in keeping the peppers from tipping over in the oven.

Note that the size of your peppers may call for you to use less eggs or bake longer, depending on how small or big they are, so check for doneness at about 20 minutes by using a fork to see if the eggs are runny.  If they are, pop those babies back in the oven a 5 minute intervals until done.

Guys, these were so good that I actually ate one before I took pictures for you. Whoops.

There are so, so many ways to vary this recipe.  You can add cheese (like Sean did in the picture above), swap the peppers for tomatoes, change up the omelet ingredients, cut the peppers in half instead of cutting the tops off (for a different shape bowl), crack a whole egg in the pepper instead of scrambling them...so many choices!

Go forth, my beloved foodies, and try these out! Also, let me know what other special egg recipes you're willing to share--I love me some eggs!


You Might Also Like

0 comments