Movin' (or move-in) time

9:22 PM

So when we negotiated the price and terms of buying our new house, the sellers asked for two weeks occupancy after the closing date. We were hesitant because, ya know, I'm hugely pregnant and Sean will be going back to work in a few weeks.  


Damn you summer vacation, must you end so soon!?

But we figured it was alright. It'd give us time to pack, make small repairs to our current house, find any new purchases we might need for the new house, etc. Two weeks would actually be a nice pace to motivate us to pack up our lives one room at a time.

Well, when we closed Friday, the sellers informed us that, barring a catastrophe, everything would be out of the house Sunday night.

As in, we now completely and fully own an empty house just waiting to be filled with our stuff. Like right now.

On the one hand, awesome. We can move stuff in at an even more leisurely pace. On the other hand, I'm having mini freak out sessions a few times a day because nothing is packed and we have an empty house to fill.

After the sellers left Sunday, we went by the house and took in a few coffee tables we'd picked up at an estate sale and a fruit basket I bought at T.J. Maxx (Remember my trip to T.J's with the giant fruit stand?  I went back for it the next day.)  

I wanted to get some lovely shots of Atticus wandering around the big empty house, but this was impossible because he is a tornado and will not stop moving, and then my phone died. Here are the best shots I could muster--fair warning, they aren't great:

He thought this big empty bedroom was perfect for marching in circles. He's pretty much right.

He's amazed at this ladder every time we've seen it!

At one point we realized he was interested in every room but  his own room. Uh oh. We decided to try force encourage him in to look around his room more.  I wanted a picture of the both of us together.  The kid was so wound up that these are the best that I got-- and they're not great.
Oh yeah, George is pretty cool.  He makes me smile!



Let's both pretend to look up at something interesting!

We finally got him to look in his big boy bed by turning the lights in his room off and the lights inside the bed on.  That was the trick-- he loved it!  



He also loved when I closed the curtains. I told him this is where he'd go ni-night and he actually lay down and pretended to sleep!

Side note: in case you're wondering, it's lay down, not laid down. I'm right because I'm a teacher, and because Grammar Girl says so. 

If only transitioning to the big boy bed could be this easy when we actually move in!

More pics to come as we gradually move in. I promise to keep my phone charged up!

You Might Also Like

0 comments