Monday Quickie

5:01 PM

Just a quick post today because I'm a bit behind on some things I want to get done, and also this is going to be hard week for me (more on that later).

I went for my 28 week appointment today. Ok, I'm 27 weeks and 6 days, but who's counting?

This is what I look like today:


Hey sexy.

Bam! Huge! I know, I know, I know.

Real talk: some of my maternity shirts aren't fitting my belly. Maternity shirts, people. I've decided I can only wear stretchy materials from now on. 

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since around 20 weeks. Nothing to worry about unless I have more than 3 in an hour, but I'm drinking lots of water and trying to rest as much as possible. Unfortunately this means not much running around with Atticus unless Dad is home, and it means lots more work for Sean. Sorry I'm such slacker, boys. Blame it on Baby 2.0.

Speaking of 2.0, when my doctor did my exam, said he could clearly see the baby's outline and where/how he was positioned in my belly.  Crazy!

So I had a regular doctor appointment today, a maternal-fetal medicine (high-risk pregnancy) appointment and ultrasound! next Monday, and then the following Monday another regular OB visit since I'll start going every 2 weeks at that point. Soon, I'll be going twice a week for non-stress tests. That sounds like a lot, and it is, but I do love that I'm getting extra care and attention, and that I get to check in on Baby 2.0 more often. He's moving like crazy though, so much that I can often see his kicks, not just feel them. It kind of tickles. I love it.

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good. The gestational diabetes is under control thanks to insulin, my mighty hero. My shots were giving me bruises, but my lovely friend told me to do the injection on an angle and it's been helping. Thanks Rachel!

House preparation is...pretty much non-existent. Uh-oh.  Sean and I have decided we need to get the ball rolling on that. We've got about three weeks to get all of this crap ready to go, and I am starting to feel a little panicky (more on that later, too).  

The highlight of my week was going to a summer festival and finding an "everlasting" nail file made out of crystal or glass or diamonds or moon dust or something.  I've got high hopes that I'll never need to buy an emery board again.  I might even give myself a mani-pedi this week...If I can reach my toes.  Maybe I can coerce Sean into doing them? 

One last thing: Atticus has been in love with blocks lately, and I love watching him. It amazes me to see his problem solving skills playing out.  He's realized:

  • he needs a flat base to make a high tower, so he puts down a red block first,
  • he has to put the blocks on slowly and deliberately if he wants a high tower,
  • he can get a higher tower if he holds the top block down while adding another block,
  • Mom can help make the tower higher when it gets wobbly,
  • it's way more fun to knock them down when the tower is 5+ blocks tall.
I'll leave you with these pictures of him. Check out the determination and joy on his face! He makes me melt!




You Might Also Like

0 comments