Big ol' baby bumps

8:21 PM

When I first found out I was pregnant with Baby 2.0, I thought, "Awww yeah, sweet!  I can do a baby bump series on the blog!"  I was so excited to keep doing my Wednesday fashion posts and then one day put them all together under a post called "How to hide your baby bump."  Wouldn't that be a cute way to reveal I was pregnant?  


Surprise! I'm pregnant in all of these pics.

As we all know, that didn't happen.  Part of the problem was that I had to take a break to deal with family stuff, but when I'm being honest with myself, it really would never have worked. 

You see, I'm a big bumper.  I show early, and I show huge. 

Here I am at ten weeks:
The baby is about two inches long at this point.

And fifteen:
Happy Easter! The baby is the size of an orange.

And seventeen:
The baby's the size of a plum and weighs five ounces.  Do you really need that much room, little plum baby?

I've already had people ask me if I'm due "any day now."  Seriously.  At the end of my pregnancy with Atticus, people asked if I was having triplets.  As in, they skipped two and automatically assumed I had three babies in my body at one time.   

And you know, it's okay.  I mean, it's not always awesome. It'd be nice for people to not assume my water is going to break if I move too quickly.  

But does it really matter?  Not at all. Whether I show big or small or high or low doesn't impact the health and happiness of the baby, so ultimately it doesn't affect me either.  If people think I'm about to drop a baby if I sneeze, they're a bit more willing to help me reach the high shelves at the grocery store or give me their seat in a waiting room.  

I'll take a nice gesture any day.  Even if it's because they think I'm delivering multiples within the next seven days.  



You Might Also Like

0 comments