Digital photography ruins homes

9:23 PM

Do you print pictures?  I can’t remember the last time I printed a picture. Seriously, I cannot remember.  I got married in 2010 and still haven’t printed any of those pictures.  Not a single one.  And I really like most of them! I bought a ton of frames for them.  I had an idea to do a gallery wall in our living room.  It’s a whole thing in my head...I just haven’t gotten around to it.

Imagine those frames occupying that boring blank wall.  Do you see the magic that could happen if I could just get my act together?

And you don’t even want to know how many pictures of Atticus I have which I have never printed.  Ok, I’ll tell you: 2,556.  That’s not a made-up number.  I just finished uploading all of my current pictures of Atticus to a storage site.  If I were to print each one as a 4x6 at twenty cents a pop, it would cost a bit over $500.  And okay, I’m not really going to print all 2,556 of pictures of him.  But he is awfully cute and I have a hard time deciding which ones are really the best of him, because I think they’re all the best. 

I feel kind of bad that I don’t have any printed, but at the same time, I really only have one little corner of the living room with any photographs, and most of those were gifts other people put together for me. 

Yup, that’s a picture of my dogs and my mom’s dog. In black and white. Framed. In my living room.  With no pictures of my husband or child in sight.  I've got my priorities.

I blame digital cameras.  When you took a picture on film, even those disposable cameras, you had to print to see what you had.  That forced me to print because I reallyreallyreally wanted to see the pictures, but now I just click or swipe and there they are.  I don’t know if it’s procrastination per se, but I have no impetus to go print pictures if I can just open my phone and look. 

I even have a second blank space where I could hang pictures.  What is wrong with me?!

So seriously, how bad of a wife and mother am I for having four years' worth of unprinted pictures floating around in my devices?  How do I compare to your printing habits?  And most importantly, who wants to come help me choose which pictures of my wedding and of my son to print and finally, finally display in my house?

You Might Also Like

0 comments