She ate a Raspberry Beret

9:14 PM

I've mentioned that I have to take insulin for gestational diabetes.  What I didn't mention is that I have to eat a snack before bed every night.

Have to.  Ha.  Like anyone has ever had to tell me to eat something.

I have to have a specific amount and ratio of carbohydrates and protein so that I survive my insulin shot every night.  In my quest to find the perfect balance, I've created this magnificent concoction.

Raspberry Beret Greek Yogurt.


Watch the drool there, people.

Why Raspberry Beret?  Simply because it has raspberries in it... and I love Prince.  And also I'm tired and can't think of anything better.

It's super easy and super yummy to whip up!

You'll need:


Really, these should be staples in any home.

Plain Greek yogurt
Chocolate hazelnut spread 
Raspberries (really, any berries you want)
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Dark chocolate (the darker the better, in my humble opinion).

What do to:
Just mix it all up!  

Ok, more specifically:

Add one tablespoon of the chocolate hazelnut spread to one serving of plain Greek yogurt. Mix thoroughly.


You should have a little spoonful first.  You know, to make sure it's fresh.

Add one serving of delicious raspberries.  Steal a few out of the carton and eat those and you mix everything together.  


Delish.

Chop a half serving of dark chocolate and add to the bowl.  

Can I be honest?  I'm super lazy sometimes and just "chop" the chocolate up with my teeth.  Like a freakin animal. I may or may not have done that tonight.  Judge away.


You should probably eat some of the chocolate too, to make sure it's fresh.

Forget that last factiod about me while you throw in a few pinches of unsweetened coconut flakes.

Marvel at your creation.  Enjoy!


I'm pretty excited, if you can't tell.

In all, it's about 25 grams of carbohydrates and around 14 of protein.  It's a great breakfast or snack to try for all you GSD girls-- or just anyone looking for something a little sweet and a little healthy.

I'm not a fan of plain yogurt.  It tastes like sour cream to me.  But mixing in the little bit of chocolate hazelnut spread makes everything better.  

Are you running to the store right now to get everything and make it tonight?  Good idea. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to devour this before my insulin kills me (just kidding, I would probably only pass out). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments