Maxi power

9:17 PM

I woke up really tired today.  Atticus woke up around 3 a.m. calling, "Mama!  Hi Mama!"  He was too wide awake to rock back to sleep, so I brought him to our bed so I could at least doze and maybe lull him back to sleep.  


It did not go well for me.  He flopped around in our bed for most of the rest of the morning. Consequently, I hit the snooze button about eight times this morning and got out of bed an hour later than what I needed.  Good times.

I needed something quick and comfy to throw on this morning.. and if we're being totally honest, I haven't shaved my legs in a few days.  Don't judge me; it's hard to bend that far down every day.  Dresses, capris, and leggings were out, but it was too hot for jeans.

Enter the maxi skirt.  

I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

I love maxi skirts.  They feel fancy but not fussy.  

I actually had a hard time finding a shirt I liked with this skirt. My maternity shirts all seemed too long and too loose to pair with the long skirt.  The proportions just seemed out of balance.  I finally dug this stretchy, hot pink gem with a fun little bib pattern out of my non-maternity side of the closet. A short-sleeved cardi to throw over the outfit made it all come together.  

Do you know how hard it is to take a selfie of your own chest without a mirror to guide you?

Since I am in desperate need of a haircut, I tamed my wild mane with a few well-placed bobby pins and this cute little barrette.  Here's a blurry pic (so sorry) of the barrette in my hair and a clearer shot of the piece:

I may need a trim, but look at that texture! I just can't help but to be cute.

So, this is what I went for when I had about ten minutes to get ready and needed a breezy but modest outfit.  What do you think-- was I right to go for a more fitted shirt with my long skirt?

I found some other stylings I'm going to try in the next weeks.  I'll share what works and what doesn't as I figure it out.  

P.S. I really need to find a better place in my house to take outfit pictures.  Anyone want to buy me a fancy full-lenght mirror?  I'll love you forever!

You Might Also Like

0 comments