Halfway there!

8:40 PM

Guys, I hit twenty weeks today-- that means I'm halfway through my pregnancy!  

Let's all take a moment to celebrate.  It's all downhill from here, but in a good way, like rolling down a hill on a bicycle.  

I celebrated my halfway mark by buying some maternity clothes.  I'm a smaller size now then when I was pregnant with Atticus, so almost all of my maternity clothes from 2012 don't fit, which is cool except that I need to spend money on clothes I don't necessarily want.  But my mom lovingly told me I have a saggy butt every time I wore pants, and I couldn't look like a frump-a-lump any longer.  Shopping time!

I thought I was doing great, scooping up clearance item after clearance item, but when I got to the register I realized half of the stuff I bought was actually full priced.  Insert wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

I'm taking almost everything back that wasn't marked down, because that's just how I roll.  Call it cheap, call it frugal, call it crazy, but I feel like a sucker spending $35 on shorts that I don't really want in the first place.

So here's what 20 weeks looks like around this house:

Hey belly!  Baby is around six inches.

I also commemorated this wonderful day with a delicious s'more made in the microwave with coconut-covered marshmallows...in other words, my current pregnancy craving.  FYI you eat it with a fork, it's more genteel. 

So there you have it.  I'm halfway to the end and I'm feeling pretty good.  Let's see how long that lasts ;-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments