The Farewell Tour

8:51 PM


My sister Anna and I are all competing with each other to see who can lose the most of our Christmas holiday weight (and then some) by Easter.  I’m going to win, by the way. Sean's doing it too but he's not competing.  Instead he and I have set up little rewards when we reach goals.  I find both strategies to be very motivational.

But since we are starting today, this weekend Sean and I went on a “farewell tour.”  By that I mean, we ate whatever sounded good. 

Dinner Sunday.  Dessert was bacon.  Atticus had avocado.

I also drank most of a two liter of pop. By Sunday night I felt awful, unsurprisingly.  I’m going to hang on to this feeling of bloat and disappointment to keep me motivated between now and Easter.

My strategy:
  • Work out every day
  • Eat Paleo (basically no grains, no dairy, no processed foods, lots of fruit, veggies, meat and nuts)
  • Drink lots of water
  • Track what I eat with the My Fitness Pal app
  • Stop eating after 7 (this is really hard since I usually stay up until about 2 a.m. working)


My goal weight loss is 15 lbs.  That’s  a little over a pound a week so that’s totally manageable.  

I”ll probably do a weekly update on the blog, with our without images (depends on how brave I'm feeling).  

Ever do something like a “farewell tour” if you’re getting ready to give up something?  Anyone feel like doing a weight loss challnege this with us?  Just set a goal, make a plan (don’t go crazy-- just a couple of changes will get you results) and do it!   You can also follow my Pinterest boards “Work It Out” and "Yo, Paleo!" if you're looking for inspiration.  

This was an extra large pizza.  I ate it over two days.  So many beautiful salty olives and mushrooms.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Best of luck Emilia in your quest <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've been super active since college, and have been a runner since forever. I saw THE MOST progress (like ever) when I changed my diet. I still splurge every now and then, and I work out like crazy, but I really really think eating healthy (we're almost Paleo) is what changed my body. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Betty! I really just want to take Anna's money ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were doing Paleo from June till Thanksgiving then slipped up during the holidays. But I know my biggest problem is that I don't exercise enough. I love working out but whenever I have a free hour, I feel like I should be cleaning or working instead of working out. I've just go to make it a priority!

    ReplyDelete