My go-to sweater

9:19 PM


Yesterday was just one of those days where I didn’t want to get dressed into real adult clothes.  My PJs were just too comfy.  But I had a professional development meeting to go to (45 minutes away, ugh) and my cohorts might not have appreciated me showing up in men’s flannel pants and a sweatshirt from my high school tennis days.  I spent way too long trying to figure out what to put on my body.

Atticus just wanted me to pick something so he could see Dad at work.  Later he peed on the floor and on that blanket.  Cute right?

Luckily I make sure to always have a few go-to pieces for each season and for a wide range of events.  Yesterday was a favorite sweater day, for sure.

Just looking at these pocket details just makes me happy.  I’m all about the happy.

I love this sweater so much.  It’s a light greyish-pink that is really flattering for my skin tone and the thickness is just right when you’re not sure what the building climate will be.  It’s also super soft and not at all itchy (I’m allergic to a couple of different materials, like wool) so that makes me even happier than a sweater reasonably should.  Not too tight that I have to feel body conscious, not so loose that I feel sloppy.  It’s perfection knit up into a sweet little bundle of warmth.

I think everyone needs a natural stone necklace to bring some natural hippie vibe every once in a while. 

I like to wear this agate and lapis lazuli necklace with this sweater.  I think the dark blue of the necklace is a nice contrast to the light color of the sweater.  Throwing a necklace on makes the difference between looking like you rolled out of bed and looking like you put some consideration into your look--although this necklace takes no effort to pull off. 

Atticus wasn’t really impressed with his outfit either.  He ended up changing too.

What’s your go-to outfit?  If you don’t have one, get one!  It’s such a time saver on those  days when nothing seems to be working.  If you look and feel put-together, you have a better chance of fooling the world that you actually are put together. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments