Accessorize the crap out of it

8:47 PM


This outfit is pretty basic, but that’s not a bad thing.  It’s more or less an everyday outfit for me.  A nice flow-y top, a cardigan to anchor the structure a bit, dark jeans (they’re blue jeans, despite the picture) and some nice knee-high boots to keep me warm in this ridiculously cold winter.  I’m ready to go to work or the grocery store and feel totally comfortable. 

Ready for whatever comes my way

Sometimes though, a nice basic outfit can feel...blah.  Especially if you wake up feeling a bit blah.  For some people, when you wake up feeling less than awesome, they reach for stretchy pants and a hoodie.  That's all well and good, but I think that if you want to feel better, start by looking better--while still feeling comfy.  When you’re wearing a cute but basic outfit, you need to ramp up the accessories to feel fancy-schmancy.  And you should always reserve the right to feel fancy-schmancy, even if you’re just running out to get some milk and eggs.

I feel better with every addition.  

A big shiny headband, a rose quartz necklace, a pink pearl ring and of course my wedding set, and this ordinary blouse and cardi combo are elevated to pretty lady wear.  

What do you do to amp up an outfit?  I always want to wear scarves but never seem to be able to combine them with clothes in a way that I like.  Any tips?

You Might Also Like

1 comments